Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Introduction of sorts: Who am I, What I do

I'm a retail employee.
I working at your favorite big box store.
We sell lots of your favorite products all conveniently under one big roof.
And do you want to know a secret?
I hate your guts and I don't even know you.

To me working with the public in any customer service position face-to-face is always confrontational. Even when courtesy is shown on both sides it is done to save face or obtain what either of us want. I want to quit my job everyday but have bills to pay and at the moment my options are somewhat limited. So we have the situation I find myself in now. The game is a foot.

What is the name of that game? It's to obtain as much money possible via delivering the least amount of productivity possible. If I could go to work and do absolutely nothing and get paid for it, I would have hit the jack pot. Even making minimum wage. Alas, that is not the case. Hence the battle begins everyday and everyone stopping me from obtaining that goal is my enemy. Follow along as I battle unproductively in a corporately run retail outlet against those who will do anything for a bottom line.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds interesting. Go on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha epic post, i feel your pain my bretheren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting paid in general is awesome I wish I had a job >_<. It's so hard these days to get one

    ReplyDelete
  4. new blog my friend, with u all the best and happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in customer service at a bank. I feel your pain oh so much, haha.

    ReplyDelete